Friday, May 6, 2011

The idea...

Hi all!  Welcome to my blog!  I am from Bartow County, Georgia - an hour north of Atlanta and an hour south of Chattanooga.  Our county was one of the hardest hit counties in Georgia and has been declared a disaster on the federal level.  Floyd County houses our neighboring town and they too were right in the path of the tornado that ripped through Tuscaloosa and kept right on going.  My home and my neighborhood showed no damage when it was all done but just 9 miles down the road the destruction was unreal.  We woke up Thursday to no school and glued to the television.  What had this unbelievable force of nature left behind?  Within minutes live helicopter shots of Bartow County were on the television.  Complete neighborhoods gone.  We were all grieving for our neighbors.  Hesitantly thanking God that we were spared while praying for some kind of peace for their heartbreak.  Then, Bartow County went to work and it was unreal!  Clean up crews by the hundreds, clothing by the thousands, 18 wheeler trailer full of water from Coke and McDonald's (just to name a few) - it lifted your heart and you could just hope the storm victims were feeling it too - Love.  Love for strangers - love for mankind because..well that's the way its supposed to be.  You ask yourself and those affected what can I do, how can I help and pray for longevity in our response - that life never gets back to normal to the point that we don't look up and see who and how our neighbor is doing.

What can I do?  Heavy on my mind and I think, I hope I have a little bit of an answer that will show longevity.  Working on it now...

Please check out our sponsers - Notice they are minimal AND for purchasing items that are next to nothing and shipping when needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment